Prior to co-founding CollinsKim with her long-time colleague, Tae Kim, Dawn worked as a partner and equity partner at national employment defense firms where she defended corporate employers in a broad spectrum of employment matters and advised C-suite leadership on compliance and litigation avoidance. Through that experience, Dawn has gained valuable insight and access into the dynamics of the workplace and how employers manage, litigate, and resolve employment disputes.
Dawn’s experience has made her well suited to represent executives and other professionals who seek to resolve employment disputes through discrete negotiations and favorable exit packages while keeping their professional reputations intact as they transition to the next opportunity.
If your matter requires litigation, Dawn brings to bear over 20 years of litigation experience having represented clients in matters involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination. Dawn also has extensive experience litigating wage and hour cases both on an individual and class-wide basis.
Whether your matter requires strategic negotiation or aggressive litigation, Dawn is uniquely positioned to advocate on your behalf.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1997
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School of Business, 1991
- Voted Best Lawyer, Litigation – Labor & Employment, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Voted Southern California Super Lawyer (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Los Angeles Business Journal, Outside Counsel Nominee for 2018 Leaders in Law Award
- California Bar Foundation (Board Member, 2013-2018)
- Constitutional Rights Foundation (Board Member, 2015 – 2018)
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (Board Member, 2011-2014)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles
- California State Courts
- United States District Courts – California Central, Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts
- United States Courts of Appeal – Ninth Circuit